Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Treat time temptations

 Who placed their bets on Lana as first to venture out of the pen? (I did)

Backstory: Fed them their greens dinner and left the gate open. Sat on the floor nearby, which still freaks them. After dinner, sat in my usual place but left the gate open.

Before bed, I got the box of treats, which I have broken into smaller pieces. They get half a cookie a day, but now it's broken into 3 or 4 bites.

I got on the floor far from the open gate. I had their curiosity.
Then I rattled the treat container. Now I had their attention. (Django reference)

Basically, I shot marbles with the pieces, but far from the gate. Lana was the first to come out enough to get treats and then explored a little, even looking in on her fenced mates from a new angle. She explored enough to chin the entrance to the fun house and peek inside.


Clark stepped onto their "doormat", then ran back to his comfort zone, putting the fence between us. He begged for his piece though the fence and he looks so cute, I caved. (Translation: I can't resist his soulful puppy eyes.)


Then Lois chased him down to try to take it away from him.
Lois ventured out onto the mat, but never as far as Lana. She's in constant motion so I will have to try harder to take non-blurry pictures of her.

Bunnies...

No comments:

Post a Comment