Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wii Bunny Bowling

Well, it's not actually the bunnies Wii bowling. It's me.
Love of animals goes back a ways.

Well, it's not exactly Mii that started it.

Before a couple of weeks ago,
I had never played on a Wii.
Until my mother made me.
My 92 year old mother.
(Mom pictured slightly younger, at right)

Now she's on a league.
And she insisted I get one.
(Thank you, Mom)


But here's what I don't get. The bunnies can flop out in their pen, exchanging licks, eating hay and watching TV ... of course, all the while keeping a wary eye out for anyone who might walk near the treats.

So what is so engaging about my trying to get some exercise Wii bowling that they get off their furry little butts and come hang out in my "lane"??? Here is the progression:

Bunya starts off to my left.
As I walk down the lane to swing the "ball" (controller),
he is so close his whiskers brush my foot.

Then he decides to get right in the middle.
Their pen takes up a huge amount of space.
There's not much left for the humans as it is
(for which I already get a bunch of malarkey).

Bunya calls Lucy over to join him,
in the "lane."

Not to be left out, Ethel joins the camp-out in the "lane,"
so my path can be completely obstructed.
The only 8 square feet I am asking for...

I don't know if they were trying to get a better view of the action, or bunnymail me into giving them more treats (yes, I did).

When I was a kid, I remember there were bowling programs on TV.
Not in a single one, do I ever recall bunnies in their lanes.

How do your pets "get in the way"?