So I got home. The bunnies are tipped off that someone is there by the beeping of the alarm. As I rushed downstairs, I thought I might have heard the drumbeat of bunny feet. My hope was that I would see the little gate we use to block the doorway still in place (yes, even when they are in their pen).
No such luck.
| The gate had been breached. |
I went into their area and they scattered. Well, Lucy & Ethel did. They dashed behind a table and box, respectively, and glared out at me with two of the guiltiest looks I have ever seen on an animal (Oscar, a wonderful mutt of yesteryear takes first prize, but the cats were never even in the running; the cats didn't care, so what was to feel guilty about?).
| Not me, not me, not me, not me.... |
| Nyaaaaa, what's up, Doc? |
Bunya didn't think anything was wrong. He used to play in the areas Lucy & Ethel only dream of exploring but Lucy likes to eat carpet, so they're all restricted now.
Bunya just hopped into the pen, turned around grinning and stared at me like: "Okay, I am in the pen and ready for it to be shut while you are at work, so you can give us our treats now."
I had already done that once this morning.
| Rabbit raisin left in treadmill room |
| Carpet and wood chews - old or new? |
Now we just have to figure how they did it.
Friday the 13th, huh?