Not this morning! I stopped in mid-step and my mouth fell open.
Riddle: When is a door a jar?
Answer: When the bunnies have somehow opened it just a little bit so they can escape ("ajar").
| It took me some time to regain a little composure and grab the camera. |
| Lucy was already in the pen. Bunya and Ethel were frolicking around the room. |
| Although Ethel initially froze when I entered, they ran to the pen. I think for breakfast, more than any sense of wrongdoing or remorse. |
| Partially eaten hay cubes littered their room like a frat house's empty crushed beer cans. They must have had a grand old time. |
Since the last time they pulled this stunt, I have been vigilant about making sure I shut the gate latch quite deliberately. At that time, when I noticed the open gate, I noted the little chew mat that is their door mat was under the gate. No clue if their chewing or tugging on it somehow lifts the gate but this morning I made sure I backed it away from the pen.
So, now I am at the office, checking the buncam a little more often than usual, focusing on the gate and making sure it is shut. A watched bunny never escapes.
This holiday weekend, I will have to ponder how to better secure their gate.
While they ponder how to escape and make mischief.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Have a happy and safe Memorial Day Weekend!
Thank you to the members of the armed forces, past and present,
for your sacrifices and our freedoms.