Since Lucy does not like to be picked up, she is the first we have to snag; if we can't get her first, she will find someplace we can't reach her and disappear.
I feel terrible doing it, but I offered a papaya and tried to snag her. And missed. *sigh*
Feeling even worse, I opened the jar of Probios, their ultimate treat. Could the sound of the jar opening, the sound of the shaking treats and the sight of the jar trigger some Pavlovian-like conditioning, even though she knew I just tried to pick her up?
Yes. I was very surprised. And felt so guilty.
She couldn't even eat her treat after I put her in the carrier with it. None of them did; it was still there when we got home. Anyway, Bunya was next and then Ethel (who is the most traumatized by the carrier and car travel).
| The bunnies shift around in their carrier, hunker down, huddle together ... and their ears shake like leaves in a hurricane. |
| The reason for the trip: bunny manicures. In case you can't tell, this is one disapproving bunny. |
When they were released at home, I was rightfully and emphatically flicked off, primarily by Lucy. She made her feeling about the whole episode quite clear.
Preview of coming posts:
Adoptables at the GHRS
Bunny Things at the GHRS