Sunday, January 30, 2011

Wild Animals: Deer and Fox and Bunny - Oh my!

Almost forgot about this - from January 11th, when Atlanta was frozen in:
Dark outside. As I head downstairs and pass the front door, I look out the front window and see ... deer! A line of deer carefully walking down our icy street, across our lawn, and down our driveway. They head by the side of the house and I watch as they disappear into the back yard woods. Nothing left now but their footprints across the lawn.
Deer track in the snow in our front lawn (a sheet of ice covering snow).
We don't live in the country - this happened in our subdivision.
On the right - deer track. On the left - kid tracks from days later.
Thanks for coming over to dig us out!
When I was finally able to get out of the subdivision, a fox ran across the road in front of my car.
 
It will be nice when it's not so cold and the visitors to our front lawn can return to our favorites:
Look closely right in the middle, for our tiny yard inhabitant.
He stood absolutley still for a while and then was gone like a bullet.
What animals other than your pets have ventured into your yard?

No comments:

Post a Comment