Sunday, December 19, 2010

The names “Lucy & Ethel”



When I realized we were going to add two girls to the mix, I tried to think of girl names that went together.

Thelma and Louise popped to mind but I didn’t want a bad ending.
Butch and Sundance? Wrong sex.
Laverne and Shirley? Nah.
Paris and Nicole? So over that.

Then I remembered that my wife wanted to call one of the bunnies “Lucy”. So I was trying to come up with a name that went with Lucy.
Lucy and…
Lucy and …
Lucy and Ethel!

I have found that naming the girls Lucy and Ethel has dated me. Ouch.

If you are that young, Google “I Love Lucy” and check out some old episodes. They were a great comedic pair. You will find out about Ricky and Fred, Babalu, and the Mertzes.

And no, we are not renaming Bunya to Ricky. Or Desi. He knows his name and it's been his for over 3 years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment